Sustainability at UBM
Being an ethical, sustainable business is central to how we behave, how we make decisions and how we do business every day.
There are five key elements to our sustainability agenda:
- We recognise the importance of engaging, motivating, training and supporting our people
- We support the social communities in which we work - those local to our offices as well as those local to our events
- We manage UBM's business in a responsible way, reducing our environmental impact whenever possible
- We collaborate and engage with our customers on sustainability
- We organsie ourselves to run our business responsibly and ethically and manage risk appropriately
Our sustainability efforts have been recognised by various external audiences
In 2016 we received awards for ‘Biggest Emissions Reduction (relative)’ and for ‘Science Based Targets’
In 2012 we became one of the first global companies to achieve ISO20121 standard for Sustainable Event Management.
UFI Sustainable Development Award
In 2015 we received the sustainable development award from the global association of the Exhibitions industry, UFI
Sustainability at our events
We strive to raise awareness of sustainability issues among our suppliers, our customers and the owners of the venues we use.
In 2012 we became one of the first global companies to achieve ISO20121 standard for Sustainable Event Management. We continue to focus on achieving certification for our events across the globe.
During 2016 we began our “Sustainable 10” internal campaign to deliver further progress at the event level. See here to view our Sustainable 10 infographic.